Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update | As of 7PM on 03/19 This Location Is Temporarily Closed
Dear Sunshine Family,
As we continue to receive updates about the coronavirus, be assured that we are vigilant in our planning and are implementing effective infection prevention procedures.
We want to minimize any disruptions in our service for our clients and families, and we will continue to monitor the situation around the Coronavirus to make any changes that may become necessary. We are providing telephonic and in home services. We are here to make sure that our clients are being cared for in a safe environment.
Below is an update on measures our center is implementing as we continue to attempt to keep our clients, employees, families, and caregivers safe:
The center Administration meets regularly to review the Centers for Disease Control and the New Jersey Department of Health, updates, and recommendations.
- All hard surfaces continue to be disinfected and cleaned multiple times daily and every evening the centers are disinfected and cleaned thoroughly.
- Employee attendance is monitored and they are screened daily.
- The Department of Health Symptoms Checklist is utilized
- We are taking employees’ temperatures as they arrive at the center and again during the day
- All those who are sick are asked to remain home until symptom-free and we will require a doctor’s note to resume attendance
- We are not allowing visitors or vendors to come into the building
- We have a thorough emergency preparedness plan developed
- We recommend that families of clients, clients, and employees refrain from international travel to highly affected countries.
- We have increased signage throughout the building and in all bathrooms to remind everyone of the importance of hygiene and to thoroughly wash their hands.
- We provide disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer to all employees.
- We are using disposable plasticware, paper plates and disposable cups in our meal delivery packaging.
- We are delivering medications and essential supplies to clients as requested.
- We are also initiating face to face visits with appropriately credentialed professionals when agreed upon by the client.
- We are avoiding unnecessary personal contact with the clients
- Every employee must wear gloves as much as possible and are required to wash their hands properly throughout the day
What Can You Continue to Do?
As the CDC suggests, the best advice is to wash your hands frequently to lower the risk of spreading germs and social distancing.
Please join us in praying for all the victims of the Coronavirus and thank you for your cooperation in keeping our clients and staff safe and healthy.