Ensuring that your loved one gets the proper dementia care in Bergen County NJ starts with doing a little research. There is a check list of things you should write out to ensure that you are making an informed decision. This can be a very stressful time, having a little help navigating the situation can go a long way in reducing some of the stress. There are several things that you should use as your criteria for picking the best dementia care for your loved one.
Of course, you want to be sure that the commitment to providing the best dementia care in Bergen County NJ is a focus of the facility but the right facility should offer so much more. Dementia care does not mean, sitting your loved one in the corner for the day or that a focus should be limited to just care without engagement. Your loved one should have fun! They should be engaged by staff members that are highly qualified to work with patients that suffer from dementia. When you are looking for support with a loved one that has dementia you want to be sure that:
- There is a highly trained nursing staff
- There are social workers and other professionals that are there to serve the family’s needs
- Recreation opportunities that can also be therapeutic in nature
- Physical therapy options
- Speech therapy available
- Transportation back and forth to doctors’ appointments
- Organized recreation activities
Dementia care should be a combination of layers of care that are all geared toward keeping the senior in good health, interested and enjoying life.
You can find plenty of places that offer the medical care that your loved one needs but why settle for just an adult sitter when your loved one could be having the time of their life! There is a center that offers a wide range of professional services that are geared toward good health and a wide range of “extras” that just make life better like:
- Manicures and hair styling
- Shopping trips, scheduled outings to the movies and other places
- Computers for personal use
- Great meals that are built around good nutrition
- State of the art facility
- An opportunity to build lasting friendships
You need to consider the happiness factor when you are choosing a care arrangement for a loved one with dementia. Getting the help that you need to ensure that your loved one has the best care is easy when you consider Sunshine Adult Day Health Care Center. Contact us and arrange a tour to see what the standard of dementia care looks like!